Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Life in Colorado

Its been a while since my last post so I figured it was time. Hows it goin? I miss Orange County thats for sure, but Winter Park isn't a bad substitute. There is alot to do. Every now and then me and group of Timberline peeps head down to Boulder or Denver and chill for the afternoon. So here is what my week looks like. Monday, we have Family Group breakfast. Family Groups is literally like a family, there is a male leader and female leader and they are like our parents....I dont know. Its confusing. After breakfast we have community worship and after that we have outdoor class. Thats usually fun but not always. Depends on what we're doing. After dinner we have class for a couple hours. Tuesdays we have class from 9-1 and then lunch. After lunch we have workday, pretty much explains itself. After dinner we have class again from 7-9. Wednesday we have class from 9-1 again and then have the afternoon off but class again from 7-9. Thursday we have class from 9-1 and then in the afternoon we have small groups from 2-330 and then we're free. Friday we have local outreach stuff. I go into Denver and hangout with international students. We do different events and then somehow we tie it into our walk with the Lord. This last Friday we went to a corn maze...soo frustrating but it was still fun. We raced and my team one...boo ya! Saturday and Sunday are ours to do what we want and then we go through the cycle again.
I love this place though. God is teaching me so much. Im learning alot and finding answers for myself and questions Ive been asked in the past. Its awesome and I suggest everyone to go through this program before entering college and the real world.
I have some prayer requests though. If you could pray for the community here, there is alot of insecurities in some people and that leads to gossip and in the guys dorm picking on guys and usually crossing the line to the point it hurts. I also ask you pray for maturity (spiritual and mental) for everyone here. I also ask that you pray that God breaks all of us and for Him build us back up in Him.
Thank you for all the support. I appreciate it alot.

No comments: