Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Home at Last

5 cities, 4 flights and 33 hours later Im finally home. For all of those I missed informed that my flight had been cancelled. Im sorry. That was false. Everything smooth and right to plan. In fact in went better. I was able to get on an earlier flight from JFK to LAX yesterday. I landed in the good ole U S of A at 12:30 PM Monday and my flight to LAX wasnt scheduled to leave until 7:20 PM. So I asked an AA travel agent to put me on standby for a 3:55 PM flight. I was the last passenger on the plane and the last person that got in by standby. Praise the Lord for that. It was so amazing to see my family, Molly, Lauren, and Jason in the baggage claim. I had been looking forward to it so much that when it actually happened I thought it was a dream. Im so glad to be home. The first meal I had was not the American tradition of hamburger and french fries and soda. It was Panda Express, chowmayne and a double entre of orange chicken. Sooo lish. Thank you all for your support and prayers and hopefully I was able to give you a little taste of life in Liberia and aboard the Africa Mercy. Thank you and God Bless!

3 comments:

franknbette said...

WELCOME HOME, WES!
"Well done, thou good and faithful servant".
Orange chicken...yummm! Do you think they'll have that at Romp? Have a fabulous time!
Frank and Bette Norton

Fran Cummings said...

WELCOME HOME #1 Grandson....I second the motion of Frank ;n Bette Norton...they said it all! Grandpa and I prayed, every night, and I added some during he day.I'm gad I don't have to count on my fingers anymore, trying to figure outwhat time it was in Liberia and wondering what was ging on at the Africa Mercy! I don't do well fiuring out time zones,so I always had to ask papa what time it was where you were! Then every time you posted a new picture, my heart would skip afew beats...I would sy, "GOD he's in your hands 'n I just have to look at this picture", 'n PRAY! Seriously tho, you've had the experience of your lifetime for 6 weeks in a Third World country, and with many blessings flowing in your direction!I'm sue you were an outstading witness for JESUS to those that came your way! Yes, WELCOME HOME to the good 'ole U.S.A. I'm proud of you as a faithful American 'n are my "firstborn" grandson! We love you and thanks for introducing us to Facebook....loved it! Grama Fran...XOXO

Dick Cummings said...

Welcome back to the U.S.A. Wes!
It seems that no matter how exciting it is to travel to the other side of the world, there is no greater feeling that to come home! We prayed for you to be God's man where He would have you serve and we are all very proud of you. The memories of life aboard the Africa Mercy, the experiences that you had in your travels to various sites in Liberia, and the friends that you have made will remain with you for a lifetime.
Thank you for introducing us to Facebook to give us the ability to see your photos to go along with your "Word Pictures" of your life and adventures in Liberia.
Praying for you as you recover from "Jet Lag" and prepare for going to college, Papa