Friday, August 1, 2008

Life this Week

This week has been pretty boring unlike in California where the Angels trade for the biggest bat on the market and the Dodgers follow suit with a future Hall of Famer and So Cal being hit by an earthquake. My week was filled with pink eye, a cold and sore throat. As a result most of my time was spent in my room watching countless movies and following the MLB trade deadline. Who wouldve thunk that so many big names wouldve been traded at the deadline this year: Teixeira, Ramirez, Griffey, Bay, and Rodriguez. Geez. Well today I went the UNMIL (United Nation's Missions in Liberia) store. It was quite a treat...haha. It was fun. Tomorrow Im sleeping in til lunch time, saying goodbye to a friend and then possibly going to the market. One thing Ive learned to hate about Mercy Ships is that it brings christians together and makes them family (not bad at all, dont get me wrong, I love this) and then tears them apart. I have to say goodbye to 8 close friends in 10 short days. One left today, one Sat, one Sun, one Mon, 2 Fri and 2 Sun...ugh. Its tough emotionally. So I guess thats my prayer request, that Ill be able to survive with all the goodbyes I have to make in the next week and a half. Thank you all for praying for me so faithfully. I truly appreciate it alot.

Oh one more thing, for all you that have facebook I have put some pictures of my trip up. Im sorry to those who dont but I was unable to get my blog to work so I can put them up. If you want to add me as a friend on facebook just search Wesley Jamison Cummings and youll find me. Thank you so much! God Bless you all!!!

3 comments:

Fran Cummings said...

Hi Wes..thanks for sharing as always....sorry you've been under the weather...I'll pray that you'll be better soon. Yes, that is the "norm" for emotions to be when you have such good friends, that are Christian brothers and sisters, that you've been together for awhile,....then have to say your good-by's. You have made quite a list of friends..and you'll have them for the rest of your life.Are you still on target to come home in a week, also? You will look back on this as the best experience of your life, with all the blessings that have come your way, and all those that you have blest! Grampa says I have to stop now, so he can talk!!I love you much, and will pray for good health, for traveling. XOXOGrama Fran

Dick Cummings said...

Hi Wes, Sorry to hear about your illness and I will pray that you will be restored to full health. The ship must be equipped with satellite TV to provide sports news for you that is up to the minute around the world!
Will you still be there on 08-08-08when the Olympics begin?
It is a bummer to have to say Goodbye to friends as they leave to go home, but the neat thing is that you have had the chance to make these new friends that you can continue to communicate with.
Praying for you, Papa

Cathy said...

Hey Wes,

I feel your pain with the goodbyes. When I worked at Mt. Hermon, saying goodbye to the friends I had all summer was really tough. Remember when Destry was here and he kept saying something like, "if I don't see you again, I'll see you in Heaven?" It's the truth, as crazy as that sounds. Have a great time touring.