Saturday, July 5, 2008

Last Day

So today is my last day in the US for 33 days. How fitting is it that my last day is our great nations birthday? It couldn't have been better.

I sit here at my computer knowing that in 5 hours Ill be headed to the airport to start my great adventure. For all those that don't know, I'm flying out of LAX at 7:30 am. From LAX I head to O'Hare, Chicago where I will connect on an American Airlines flight to Brussels, Belgium. From there its to Monrovia, Liberia and then to Mercy Ships. My total flight time is 19 hours and 10 minutes, and total time just about reaches 30 hours. Yikes. Just keep praying that God will allow for good weather and smooth travels.

I want to thank everyone for making this happen. My actions on this trip represent everyone's generosity and commitment for our Savior. Thank so much for all your prayers and support. I couldn't be more grateful.

In Africa I will be keeping a calender and on each day I will be praying for someone different who contributed to my trip.
Thank you all so much. God Bless.

Wes

9 comments:

ayates said...

you are in our prayers Wesley!

Steve Cummings said...

Couldn't be more proud of you Wes!

Cheri said...

Been praying for you all morning (and for your mother too). Can't wait to hear about your traveling adventures.

Peg Campbell said...

The Ambassador crew is lifting you up even as you wing to Monrovia via Brussels -- it was a thrill for me to take that same journey last year ... I know it will be life-changing, Wes. Love from your AAA family!

Beth Christensen said...

obedience to following God's plan is rarely easy, Wes, and full of missed flights and turbulence, but the blessings are huge and I can't wait to hear how God uses you for His plan. Way to go buddy. Way to be a follower no matter the cost and thanks for being a great example to both my family and me.

Beth

Dick Cummings said...

Grandma Fran and I will continue to pray for your health, safety, and travel mercies throughout your entire mission trip to Liberia. We are very proud of you stepping up to be God's man where He wants you to be and it is all for His glory!
Love, Papa

Fran Cummings said...

Fran Cummings said...
Hey there, Wes...You are one brave Christian soldier..."Onward Christian Soldier"...there's another song you can "hum" along as you're doing your daily assignments, whatever they may be. I know you're stll en route today, so I'm praying for your safe travel and conections You will surely remember this day, being it's your 18th, birthday, also
Gramps and I wil be praying eveyday il you come home! Love you lots...XOXOX...Grama Fran

July 5, 2008 2:49 PM

Fran Cummings said...

Fran Cummings said...
Fran Cummings said...
Hey there, Wes...You are one brave Christian soldier..."Onward Christian Soldier"...there's another song you can "hum" along as you're doing your daily assignments, whatever they may be. I know you're stll en route today, so I'm praying for your safe travel and conections You will surely remember this day, being it's your 18th, birthday, also
Gramps and I will be praying eveyday til you come home! Love you lots...XOXOX...Grama Fran
These verses in the Bible will help,during difficult days, There are 2 that come to mind...Philippians 4:13" I can do all things thru Christ who strengthens me"...and Ephesians 6:10-11.."Finally, brethren, be strong in the LORD and in power of HIS might. Put on the whole armor of GOD that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil Last of all. HAPPY BIRTHDAY

July 5, 2008 2:49 PM

Jamilyn said...

Wesley! Its the first day without you and this house is going bonkers! But we are all learning how to function. me and jack are learning we dont have to worry about you cuz you are in the Lord's hands. There may be alot of tears going on between mom and jack. Its so amazing that you get to grow and change with an experience like this! we will be counting the dayz!

love you! jamilyn